« Home | Shivnarine Chanderpaul » | The Jaguar and the cellular war. » | Cellular phones, Digicel, TSTT, and Laqtel » | Israel and Trinidad and Tobago » | Power 102 FM bacchanal » | World Cup celebrations in Trinidad and Tobago » | Warriors fans celebrate in the streets » | Blacklisted by Pingoat » | World Cup qualifying: Trinidad & Tobago vs Bahrain » | The law must prevail in Trinidad and Tobago »

December 05, 2005

I want a mobile phone just as everyone else, but I will never buy a phone from Trinidad and Tobago Telecommunication Services unless and until I have seen all on offer from Digicel and Laqtel.

I have waited seven years, so seven more months is no big deal.

Today I wrote to Digicel bigwig Maureen Rabbitt asking for information on the cellular phones they will offer the public, because TSTT packed my daily newspaper with a glossy info-magazine offering their lot.
Oh how times have changed!

The infamous national telephone company are offering a wide range of communication instruments, including the Nokia mobile systems:
Nokia 3120, Nokia 1600, Nokia 1110, and the beautiful Nokia N90 and Nokia 9300

and Sony systems
Sony Ericsson K300 and Sony Ericsson W600
The Sony Ericssons come with MP3 players, built-in-cameras and Java capabilities.

And of course the Motorolas are also in evidence:
Motorola V55, Razr Motorola, and the Motorola V171.

There is one Samsung model, the Samsung X486

TSTT are certainly selling quality mobile handsets, and the crowds are flocking to their mobile partners stores to purchase at the discounted prices.
I know, because at Trincity Mall, earlier today, I was nearly knocked over by an enthusiastic would-be cellular owner.
I would not call them stupid because everyone has his own motivation, but I really wish my fellow citizens would be patient that they can compare to the competition's offerings.

Hopefully Digicel will reply today and I can update the readers with their stock of mobile goodies.
Laterz!

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
posted by Trinidad&Tobago at Monday, December 05, 2005 | Trinidad |


0 Comments:


eXTReMe Tracker